Monday, December 20, 2010

Crazy

The book has been out for about a week. In all the commotion of getting the book out, I have barely been able to stop and enjoy it. I wrote a book! It seems funny when I think I about it. I wrote a book. And all indications, thus far, are that its a pretty good book. I shouldn't be surprised about that, I suppose. But when it was an idea in my head, it was just an idea. I have a million ideas. Most of the time, they just roll around in my head for a while, driving me crazy. But now and then, one of those ideas gets free and takes on a life of its own. I'm gonna make music. I'm gonna put out a CD. I'm gonna start a record label. I'm gonna be a photographer. I'm gonna take up nude photography. I'm gonna get a ph.d in psychology. Those were all just ideas. Crazy ideas. Then they all came to be. But they never seem quite real until they happen, because when they're rolling around in my head with all the other crazy ideas I have, they just seem so......well, crazy. But this one happened. I wrote a book.

So after a week of having people reading about my life, I'm sitting here taking it all in. I've had people sending me emails and text messages telling me how my book has touched them. I've had people tell me they know so many people who NEED to read this book. To be honest, that's what I was hoping for. I hoped my story would touch people. I hoped my purpose would be understood. I mean, that was the point. I've spent so much of my life feeling misunderstood. I wanted to write it all down, once and for all. I wanted to get it all out. I figured if I did, maybe someone else would be able to avoid feeling as crazy as I often feel. If the feedback I've gotten in the first week is any indication, it appears as though this crazy idea is going to accomplish its mission. Only time will tell.

There are lots of other crazy ideas up there in that head of mine. I've got some music I've been threatening to make. I'm about 90% done with a photography book too. But for now, I think I'm gonna see where this book takes me. Best selling author has a pretty nice ring to it. See. There I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment