Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Here Goes Nothing....

So I finished the book. Not that book. The other book. I know. Its tough to keep up. Its not easy for me to keep up either. So anyway, I wrote the 1st draft of my book. Its sort of autobiographical. Its about growing up without a father. More specifically, its about becoming a man and never having an example to follow. I'm pretty happy with it, so far.

This book, for me, takes my creative explorations to a new level. My art is usually relatively abstract. I play jazz music. I can express my feelings about a great number of things and never really have anyone know exactly what I'm feeling or thinking. I take artistic nude photos. Its an expression of my interests (obviously), but its not really a commentary that lends itself to intellectual understanding or even critique. But this book is different. I talk about my childhood. I talk about my father. I talk about my mother. I talk about my children, my thoughts on life, and everything in between. The message is far from abstract.

I've had an interesting life thus far. It has made me who I am. I've always said that if people only knew..... Well, I guess we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment