Saturday, August 21, 2010

Next?

What a summer. I was a finalist in a modeling contest that put me on TV and all over the newspaper and the internet. I was the guest speaker at a celebration of the Black community in my town. I officially accepted a national fellowship from the American Psychological Association last week. My music was accepted to iTunes sometime in the last few weeks. I finished writing my first book and wrapped up filming on my first movie this week. In fact, shooting ended this afternoon. I submitted my book to a possible publisher this evening. In a few day, I'll start school again.

When I started the summer, my plan was to do research. I had started a research project at school and was excited to do my very own project. But, because of personnel problems at school, that project was put on hold until the fall. So, I had to fill my time. I suppose I did.

It feels like I've been going non-stop for two months. I can't remember when I last took a break. Then again, I don't like breaks. When I finished the book and the movie all in the same week, it sort of left me with nothing to do. My first thought was, "What's next?"

I suppose one day I'll slow down. One day I'll relax. But not today. Today I work. Funny that I even call this stuff work. I mean, I love this stuff. Learning psychology, making music, making movies, writing books..... Nothing could be more fun to me. This is my dream come true. This is the life I wanted.

So, as I think about that new song I have been wanting to release, that research project waiting for me at school, that photography book I was supposed to finish this summer, and the next movie idea, some might wonder where I find the time and the energy to do all this. I wonder that too sometimes. I'd figure that out if I had a minute to think. But who has time to think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment