Sunday, May 2, 2010

1/6/07

It's been a long time since I put out my record. It's been even longer since I've been on a stage under my own name. So, I've almost forgotten what it's like. But now that I've found this myspace thing, people have started to hear my music again, and once again, I'm experiencing this strange phenomenon. I remember feeling this way when I put my record out. When I did the record, I didn't really expect anyone to "dig" it. I don't know why. Maybe because I did it for me, and didn't really think about what others might think. So when people started telling me how much they liked it, I guess I was a bit surprised.

And so here it is again, this strange feeling. People on myspace, who never heard my record, are contacting me about how much they like my sound. That sounds funny to me. MY SOUND. Miles Davis has a sound. Stevie Wonder, Basie, Coltrane, they all have a sound. Me? I just play. That's the crazy thing about art though. Once you make it and present it to the world, it's no longer yours. It belongs to the world. The people get to decide for themselves whether it's good or not, no matter what you (the artist) think.

I hope you dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment