Sunday, May 2, 2010

9/8/07

I'm feeling rather creative these days. I've noticed that, at least in my life, the creativity seems to pour out at the times of greatest termoil. When life is crazy, and I'm as frustrated as I can be, thats when I get inspired. When life is smooth sailing, I just go fishing a lot. I guess thats a good thing though. My art is my release. It kicks into overdrive when I need it most. If it were the other way around, I'd be writing like crazy during the good times, and during the bad times, I'd jump off some bridge. That wouldn't really work out so great.

I've enjoyed getting back into my poetry. I always neglect my poetry. I don't write like I used to. I used to carry around a book, and I'd write in it all the time. I was like one of those........well, nerdy writers. Back pack and all. Now I rarey write. Even when I do, I usually dont share it with anyone. That is, until now. I've been using this blog to air out the poetry book a bit. I thought, since its taking me way too long to finish my new album, I'd satisfy my attention fix by putting up some poetry for the world's review. Only thing is, I forgot the fundemental difference between my poetry and my music. I love music because it can't so much be misunderstood. There are no words to interpret. You either vibe to it or you dont. With poetry, there is a meaning to be found. And believe me, people will find a meaning. The hard part is, I don't get to control what meaning they find in my words. Hence, my frustration.

Don't get me wrong. I love it that people are reading my work. I love it that they bother to tell me what they think. But, hearing people interpret my thoughts is something that will take some getting used to. So, keep the comments coming. I need the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment