Sunday, May 2, 2010

2/4/07

It should, and probably does, go without saying, but I really love making music. It amazes me, everytime I think about it, how it makes me feel everytime I write something new or get on a stage.

Tonight I sat in with a friend of mine at a local cafe. I played a couple tunes. Nothing big. But it felt so good. It's like that every time. Same feeling. I've heard that drugs loose their strength after a while and you have to use more and more in order to get the same feeling you had the first time. The same is true with alcohol. Even sex, after the first couple (hundred) times, stops being a novelty. It's still fun and everything, just not like that first time when you're like "Man, a can't believe I'm actually doing this!" That's what music feels like to me. Every time. After all these years, I still get that feeling.

Now if I could just figure out a way to play my horn with one hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment